Toure has been in the news lately for his harsh criticisms of Pep Guardiola, the club’s manager, who last included the Ivorian star in a game in August.
But last week, Guardolia said he would feature the 33-year-old if he tendered an apology. On Friday, Toure issued a statement where he sought the forgiveness of his club.
“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past,” he said.
“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.
“I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club’s history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.
“On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family.”